Boost your work productivity with these 10 tricks. Get your #officeninja mode on!
- Place for Everything, Everything in Place (PEEP).
- Clear your physical workspace.
PEEP ensures that next time, you don’t go scrambling for that important client file, before your meeting.
- Ka-Ching your Day
- Translation: think of every minute as a dollar’s worth of investment.
Simple logic – if you want to make the most of the day, you have to make the most of every minute.
- Be a Quick Perfectionist
- Follow this golden rule of task accomplishment:
Deadline to stick by = Time I think I need. This rough ‘time-to-completion’ metric ensures that you are super-productive while sticking to deadlines.
- Plan for success
- Everyone plans in different ways for each day. Here are some tools to make the “thinking through things” part easier for you.
- Don’t like too many apps? Try Momentum. It comes as a Chrome plug-in, and features an easy to-do list tab on the side, along with a background photo and daily quote.
- For those who like things old-school (think: pen and paper, or post-its) but also love getting things done, plan using the Eisenhower Matrix.
- Plan Fast, Plan Early
- Schedule time to plan your projects and tasks each day, either in the evening, or in the morning before you get to work.
- When you separate your planning time from your tasks’ execution, you get more done faster in the day.
- Take timed breaks
- Being an #officeninja is tough work, and every ninja deserves to take a break.
- Before you go on your coffee break, remember to time yourself though.
- A nice app to regulate your work slots and breaks is Pomodoro One.
- Be like Benji
- Benjamin Franklin said this about his daily schedule: “No matter what’s happening in my life, coping and succeeding are both a matter of routine.”
- Take stock of daily tasks in a well-timed routine so that you can ‘free up’ time to pursue other important tasks during the rest of the day.
- Get in the zone
- Don’t know how to ‘get in the zone’? Here’s a quick checklist:
- i) Eliminate all distractions (think: unending chat notifications or hunger cravings)
- ii) Minimize non-urgent conversations
- iii) Pace yourself –break down your task into smaller activities and time yourself for each activity.
- Reboot your brain
- Powering through the day can take its toll on your mind and body.
- Take out 5 minutes around mid-day to engage your sedentary body –consider doing simple arm stretches while seated at your desk.
- Get ready for a new life
Being 100% productive all the time sounds a bit overwhelming – so before you embark on your #officeninja journey, remember: take each day as it comes.
Here’s raising a coffee toast to the new you!